The NewsDemon Blog
September 30th, 2012
We are thrilled to now provide our customers with 1,500 days of binary retention, allowing our Usenet newsgroup customers to access articles that are over four years old!
This is available to all of our customers no matter how long they’ve been a NewsDemon customer. Whether you signed up long ago or just signed up recently, you can now access articles that are 1,500 days old. We are proud of our premier Usenet newsgroup service and expect our features and benefits to continue to grow.
The higher retention comes at no additional price. Existing customers will not see their price increase, nor will they have to choose a more expensive plan to gain access to the new retention. New customers won’t face any price hike either and can sign up any time for our premier Usenet service.
We continue to offer trusted Usenet newsgroup service at unlimited speeds for premium access to all supported binary newsgroups. Keep an eye out for further announcements of expanded benefits of NewsDemon service!
February 9th, 2011
Retention is on the rise again at NewsDemon.com Newsgroups. Another retention increase puts binary retention to 860 days and growing!
Our latest upgrades to our services now increases retention for all members to a staggering 860 days of binary retention. Retention rate increases allows members to now access articles that are over 860 days old. The increase in retention follows an earlier update of 810 days not so long ago.
The increase in retention affects all subscription and block plans offered by NewsDemon.com Newsgroups. For some existing members, an update of headers of subscribed newsgroups may be necessary to view the older articles.
New and existing users are automatically set to access the 860 day retention on all supported newsgroups. As another upgraded feature to our users, the increase in retention does not raise the cost to current or new members. NewsDemon.com Newsgroups is proud to be able to offer this upgrade to its existing line of premium features and services provided by NewsDemon.com Newsgroups.
September 9th, 2010
In August alone, NewsDemon.com Newsgroups has given away over 115 free months of USENET to current members. As part of the advantages of being a member of NewsDemon.com Newsgroups, members and referrers alike are able to benefit from our referral program features.
We offer free access and benefits for friends or family members that NewsDemon.com Newsgroups members refer. Both the referred subscriber as well as the members receive a free month of USENET newsgroup access.
As a NewsDemon.com Newsgroup member, all they have to do is share the link provided to them within their member control panel. Anyone that signs up using that link will automatically receive a free month of premium USENET access.
Additionally, once the friend or family joins the NewsDemon.com Newsgroups family, the referring member also receives a free month of USENET access.
This long running program has seen great success with hundreds of accounts credited with free USENET access by our member referrals. All new subscribers that are referred get the same quality features and services provided to our premium NewsDemon.com Newsgroup members.
Creating and participating on online communities is what USENET is all about. The member referral program and its benefits follows this culture by bringing in growing the community further.
For new members, we also are currently offering a free two weeks of service with any monthly subscription plan. With the additional 14 days of free USENET service, we encourage our users to fully use our premium services including 650 days of binary retention, a free newsreader and for our unlimited customers, online storage provided by StorageNinja.
Some of the best things in life are free. With either way you join, NewsDemon.com Newsgroups offers convenient options to enjoy our premium USENET newsgroup features absolutely free.
December 10th, 2009
The version of NewsRover newsreader that all members receive free with their subscription has been upgraded to version 15.1 Rev: 0: 10. All members are invited to login and download the latest update.
NewsDemon.com Newsgroup members are entitled to receive the newsreader free with any of subscription or plan. Updates for the newsreader are included as part of the subscription to USENET provided by NewsDemon.com Newsgroups.
The current NewsRover newsreader update reflects a number of enhancements to make the best out of your USENET experience. For first time users, NewsDemon.com Newsgroups also provides a tutorial on How To Install NewsRover
The award winning NewsRover newsreader has a variety of features that make it indispensable to many. NewsRover saves time while efficiently automating many of the processes involved with newsgroup subscriptions. The update will not affect current settings or previously downloaded newsgroup headers.
November 10th, 2009
In celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the USENET, NewsDemon.com Newsgroups is proud to offer a $1.00 special on ALL premium USENET access accounts. For one day only, all subscription accounts – metered to unlimited- is being offered for only $1.00!
It was in 1979 that Jim Ellis and Tom Truscott first discovered the USENET we know and use today. In those thirty years since, we’re happy to be able to observe and celebrate the historically most widely used online communication system on the planet.
So, for one day only, we’re offering new customers a special rate of only $1.00 for the first two months of premium NewsDemon.com Newsgroups USENET access. All metered (10gb, 20gb, 30gb, 50gb) accounts and our Unlimited accounts, for one dollar for two months. After two months, the rate returns to normal pricing.
Thirty Years of USENET newsgroups has brought together hundreds of thousands of users to discuss, interact and share online. If you’ve never been before – or haven’t been in awhile -here is your chance to enjoy premium high speed access to the USENET and search through over a hundred thousand newsgroups that are home to a massive online community.
With online access for only $1.00, now you can try it out and see for yourself why the USENET has been and continues to be THE online destination and resource for millions of users each day for over three decades.
This special is for one day only. USENET access on all subscription based accounts is only $1.00 for the first two months. After the second month, the full price of the plan chosen will be billed. This offer is valid for both US and EU residents alike.
All you need to do to take advantage of this offer is to come back to our website, NewsDemon.com anytime between the hours of 12:01 AM GMT and 11:59 pm PST. The prices on our website will change to reflect the $1 pricing.
Subscribe to our blog!
- NewsDemon Now Offers Cosmos IP Addresses With SlickVPN
- Cable Company Admits To Data Caps On USENET Users
- IBM Leads In Nanotube Technology
- Minnesotta Outlaws Online Education
- UK Provider Virgin Media Offers Faster Speeds
- NewsDemon Now Offers 1500 Days Binary Retention
- New Computers Already Infected with a Virus?
- Canada Data Caps Affect Netflix and USENET Users
- Your ISP Could be Providing Faster Speeds than Advertised
- NewsDemon Offers Header Compression On All Newsgroups
- Google Enters the ISP Game, Offering Fast Access to USENET
- No Office 2013 Availability for XP, Vista, Mac Users
- Potential Breakthrough in Likely Discovery of Higgs Boson Particle
- New USENET Posted Study Looks at Teen Activity Online
- Internet Conceptualized in 1934?
- More Bits and Pieces from the Star Trek Sequel on USENET
- Solutions to Avoid Constantly Resetting Your Router
- Excitement Over Adobe Creative Suite 6 and Creative Cloud Releases
- World Wide Web Inventor Voices Privacy Concern On USENET
- Microsoft Pulls The Plug On Windows XP
- What Is Dr. Watson’s Contribution To Cancer Research?
- Microsoft Build Online Time Machine
- New Payment Options Available From NewsDemon.com Newsgroups
- Limited Time Super Unlimited USENET Deal from NewsDemon
- USENET Post Reveals Tremendous Forecast Of Online Users
- USENET Stats Regarding Technology Sales
- USENET Finds The Force
- Happy Binary Day USENET
- Windows XP Turns 10 On USENET
- Is Microsoft Manipulating Ratings to Call IE the Safest Browser?
- FCC Plans to Bring Broadband to Rural Areas
- 25th In Internet Speed Makes United States USENET Slower
- Large Reward to Define Large Internet
- eBook Inventor Passes Away, Remembered on USENET
- Microsoft Windows 8 Explorer to Include Ribbons
- New USENET and Online Slang Terms Enter Dictionary
- World Wide Web Turns 20 On USENET
- MTV Turns 30 Years Old Today
- Hierarchies on Usenet
- NewsDemon.com Free USENET 5 Hour Special
- How To Add USENET Newsgroups
- Where Did The Google Bing Facebook Twitter And Other Strange Names Come From?
- 3 Months Unlimited Usenet For $21.00
- Online Access Will Explode By 2015
- CDC Zombie Guide Takes Down Website
- Many USENET Newsreaders Get Updates
- NewsDemon Reaches 1000 Days Binary Retention
- AT&T Begins Capping USENET Customers
- USENET Access Speeds On The Rise Worldwide
- ESRB Changes Ratings For Download Games