The NewsDemon Blog
By Newsgroup Usenet August 11th, 2012
NewsDemon.com Newsgroups now allows header compression on all supported newsgroups and for all news servers, providing a faster USENET newsgroup experience.
A header for USENET articles provides the information of the subject, from and to lines of any given article. When browsing through a newsgroup through your client, the newsreader will load all of the headers for the articles in the newsgroup. Usually, this process takes some time as the majority of the process is downloading a lot of duplicate data.
With header compression enabled on supported newsreaders, the headers are compressed. This allows you to view only the unique data available on any newsgroup. This is especially helpful with the majority of newsreaders that download the full list of headers each time a newsgroup is accessed.
The new header compression will now allow users to download headers up a 100 times faster than downloading without this feature. Less data is downloaded and allows downloads to finish almost 15 times faster.
This option is fully available on all supported servers and over 107,000 newsgroups that NewsDemon.com Newsgroups support. In order to enable this option, configure your newsreader to enable header compression:
NewsLeecher – Automatically turned on. Check to make sure by going to:
Settings -> Adv. Nerdy Tweaks -> Article Download Allow XFEAT Compression
NewsBin – Automatically turned on. Check the settings by going to Utilities->Servers. Make sure “Disable XFeatures” is NOT checked.
News Rover – Automatically turned on.
Subscribe to our blog!
- NSA-Proof VPN Connections Available Through NewsDemon
- NewsDemon Now Offers Cosmos IP Addresses With SlickVPN
- Cable Company Admits To Data Caps On USENET Users
- IBM Leads In Nanotube Technology
- Minnesotta Outlaws Online Education
- UK Provider Virgin Media Offers Faster Speeds
- NewsDemon Now Offers 1500 Days Binary Retention
- New Computers Already Infected with a Virus?
- Canada Data Caps Affect Netflix and USENET Users
- Your ISP Could be Providing Faster Speeds than Advertised
- NewsDemon Offers Header Compression On All Newsgroups
- Google Enters the ISP Game, Offering Fast Access to USENET
- No Office 2013 Availability for XP, Vista, Mac Users
- Potential Breakthrough in Likely Discovery of Higgs Boson Particle
- New USENET Posted Study Looks at Teen Activity Online
- Internet Conceptualized in 1934?
- More Bits and Pieces from the Star Trek Sequel on USENET
- Solutions to Avoid Constantly Resetting Your Router
- Excitement Over Adobe Creative Suite 6 and Creative Cloud Releases
- World Wide Web Inventor Voices Privacy Concern On USENET
- Microsoft Pulls The Plug On Windows XP
- What Is Dr. Watson’s Contribution To Cancer Research?
- Microsoft Build Online Time Machine
- New Payment Options Available From NewsDemon.com Newsgroups
- Limited Time Super Unlimited USENET Deal from NewsDemon
- USENET Post Reveals Tremendous Forecast Of Online Users
- USENET Stats Regarding Technology Sales
- USENET Finds The Force
- Happy Binary Day USENET
- Windows XP Turns 10 On USENET
- Is Microsoft Manipulating Ratings to Call IE the Safest Browser?
- FCC Plans to Bring Broadband to Rural Areas
- 25th In Internet Speed Makes United States USENET Slower
- Large Reward to Define Large Internet
- eBook Inventor Passes Away, Remembered on USENET
- Microsoft Windows 8 Explorer to Include Ribbons
- New USENET and Online Slang Terms Enter Dictionary
- World Wide Web Turns 20 On USENET
- MTV Turns 30 Years Old Today
- Hierarchies on Usenet
- NewsDemon.com Free USENET 5 Hour Special
- How To Add USENET Newsgroups
- Where Did The Google Bing Facebook Twitter And Other Strange Names Come From?
- 3 Months Unlimited Usenet For $21.00
- Online Access Will Explode By 2015
- CDC Zombie Guide Takes Down Website
- Many USENET Newsreaders Get Updates
- NewsDemon Reaches 1000 Days Binary Retention
- AT&T Begins Capping USENET Customers
- USENET Access Speeds On The Rise Worldwide