The NewsDemon Blog
June 3rd, 2009
Pet newsgroups are communities for animal lovers with comprehensive discussions on all types of animals and their care taking. From Reptiles to Pigeons, every animal of land, sea and air is covered. On these newsgroups, one can share related knowledge and experience, ask questions, get advice on practically every kind of animal on newsgroups.
Even Badgers have a dedicated newsgroup that discusses the health, behavior and spotting of badgers throughout the world.
Usenet newsgroups give pet owners and animal enthusiasts alike the opportunity to ask questions, share stories, read and talk about current events in the animal kingdom. Reptiles and wildlife newsgroups are great as they offer practical education as they give the knowledgeable care, materials and resources that are needed to understand these animals.
Naturally, dog newsgroups and cat newsgroups dominate the arena. Groups such as rec.pet.dogs and rec.pets.cats discussion groups invite pet owners to talk with other owners about everything from food and nutrition, care and grooming, to toys and furniture.
Pet newsgroups are a primary source for news and expert advice on dog and cat behavior, health, breeding, showing, and care specifically.
You’ll find a great multitude of enthusiastic and knowledgeable members; all who would love to answer questions, look at your pet pictures, and welcome you into these Usenet newsgroups.
June 1st, 2009
Microsoft has replaced Live Search with a new brand: Bing. The new Microsoft search destination is in part an overhaul of Live Search and in part a renovation of Microsoft’s search technology. According to Microsoft, Bing lets you find Web content fast and excels at refining searches so that you can unearth the lowest airfares, discover reviews of neighborhood boutiques, or track down reliable health information.
Microsoft’s research shows only one in four searches are satisfactory on the first try. Most others force users to repeatedly refine their queries or to click around on the Web before locating what they need.
Bing’s goal is to improve the search experience, and it does that well overall in an incremental way, but especially in four key categories – shopping, travel, local, and health; by tailoring the experience in much the same way as Usenet newsgroups to specific goals associated with those categories.
Why Bing? CEO Steve Ballmer admits: “I am not what you would call the creative side of life. Short matters. Being able to verb up can be helpful.” But he also says, “We wanted something that unambiguously says search.” At least they’re not calling it Microsoft Windows Live Search Ultimate Professional Business Search Engine Edition 2009 V 1.01.060109.
We tested to see if older messages posted on the Microsoft newsgroups would appear as Google Group messages do with Goole search terms. The Microsoft Discussion Newsgroups are not indexed on Bling nor does there seem to be any integration as they are with competitor Google as part of the search results.
It’s too soon to say if the site will result in sucess or failure, but either way, it has sent a great number of conversations going on microsoft related newsgroups such as microsoft.public.msn.search.
March 20th, 2009
NewsDemon.com, a leading premium USENET provider, is proud to announce retention is being increased to an unprecedented, industry leading, 400 days. This increase in retention will be available for both United States and Europe based members.
The one year and thirty five day retention follows an earlier announcement this year of a 175 day retention increase.
The retention rate of binaries translates into the longest amount of time an article would be available on any particular Newsgroup. The increase in retention does not require any modifications from NewsDemon.com members on either their newsreaders or account settings.
The 400 day binary retention increase will not affect the same level of superior service or speed provided by NewsDemon.com premium USENET access.
Newsdemon.com is proud to be an industry leading USENET provider and is proud to be part of the global networking community it supports. NewsDemon.com USENET access has been committed to providing access to thousands of uncensored newsgroups at blazing speeds and affordable prices.
For more information regarding this upgrade, please view our USENET Newsgroups Retention Upgrade page.
January 2nd, 2009
On January 2nd, between the hours of 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Newsdemon.com experienced a critical error with their credit card processor which prevented successful checkout for those who had attempted to pay via Credit Card.
We at Newsdemon.com have since repaired this issue, and we are happy to report that credit card methods of payment are now fully operational.
This had only effected those customers who attempted to pay by credit card only. All PayPal methods of payment, including PayPal transactions that are paid by credit card, are not related to and have not been affected by this error as they are separate payment processors and systems.
The issue that caused this error involved a dropped communication between our server to our payment processor. No information gathered or stored on our servers were ever at risk of being compromised. The error solely caused an unsuccessful transaction.
At 6:00 PM today, after extensive testing, Newsdemon.com has taken measures to remove the error, allowing customers to checkout via credit card.
Any questions or concerns regarding this matter specifically can be directed via email at email@example.com. We apprecitate your patronage and greatly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
December 5th, 2008
Once again, Newsdemon.com has announced yet another increase in retention in less than a month! Newsdemon.com members can now access over binaries over 175 days old. The 175 day binary retention is now available to both US and EU members. Newdemon.com had previously announced a 70% increase on binary retenion in mid-November.
The retention rate of binaries translates into the longest amount of time an article would be available on any particular Newsgroup.
The increase in retention does not require any modifications from Newsdemon.com members on either their newsreaders or account settings. Members should immediately see an increase in the age of headers available on any particular binary newsgroup.
This benefit is for all existing and potential new members of Newsdemon.com at no additional cost. Newsdemon.com will also continue to provide the same blazing speed through simultaneous, SSL encrypted Usenet access while being completely uncensored as before.
Continuing on progress, Newsdemon.com works deligently to surpass expectations by delivering premium Usenet access to all of its customers.
September 4th, 2008
You now have the opportunity to sport a cool and stylish Newsdemon.com t-shirt when you sign up for our unlimited plan.
In a continuing effort to grow awareness of the benefits Usenet has to offer, we’re offering a Newsdemon.com t-shirt absolutely free for any of our new customers that sign up for our unlimited plan.
Be the envy of the neighborhood by owning our limited edition Newsdemon.com t-shirt while helping a good cause to grow the ever expanding world of the Usenet community.
You can also be eligible by assisting in our Free Usenet Program designed for Universities and Charities by promoting awareness of Usenet. Send us your links of our banners on your site, forum or blog and we’ll send you your choice of color and size t-shirt right to your door. We’ll even pay for shipping!
Newsdemon.com is dedicated to our users and the Usenet community. Newsdemon is known for blazing speeds, high completion rates, retention and outstanding support. With this offer, you now gain a long lasting stylish t-shirt as well!
What are you waiting for? Supplies are limited and this giveaway ends either way by September 31st, so don’t delay! Sign up now for our premium Usenet unlimited plan and join the largest community network on the planet. Newsdemon.com
Subscribe to our blog!
- NewsDemon Now Offers Cosmos IP Addresses With SlickVPN
- Cable Company Admits To Data Caps On USENET Users
- IBM Leads In Nanotube Technology
- Minnesotta Outlaws Online Education
- UK Provider Virgin Media Offers Faster Speeds
- NewsDemon Now Offers 1500 Days Binary Retention
- New Computers Already Infected with a Virus?
- Canada Data Caps Affect Netflix and USENET Users
- Your ISP Could be Providing Faster Speeds than Advertised
- NewsDemon Offers Header Compression On All Newsgroups
- Google Enters the ISP Game, Offering Fast Access to USENET
- No Office 2013 Availability for XP, Vista, Mac Users
- Potential Breakthrough in Likely Discovery of Higgs Boson Particle
- New USENET Posted Study Looks at Teen Activity Online
- Internet Conceptualized in 1934?
- More Bits and Pieces from the Star Trek Sequel on USENET
- Solutions to Avoid Constantly Resetting Your Router
- Excitement Over Adobe Creative Suite 6 and Creative Cloud Releases
- World Wide Web Inventor Voices Privacy Concern On USENET
- Microsoft Pulls The Plug On Windows XP
- What Is Dr. Watson’s Contribution To Cancer Research?
- Microsoft Build Online Time Machine
- New Payment Options Available From NewsDemon.com Newsgroups
- Limited Time Super Unlimited USENET Deal from NewsDemon
- USENET Post Reveals Tremendous Forecast Of Online Users
- USENET Stats Regarding Technology Sales
- USENET Finds The Force
- Happy Binary Day USENET
- Windows XP Turns 10 On USENET
- Is Microsoft Manipulating Ratings to Call IE the Safest Browser?
- FCC Plans to Bring Broadband to Rural Areas
- 25th In Internet Speed Makes United States USENET Slower
- Large Reward to Define Large Internet
- eBook Inventor Passes Away, Remembered on USENET
- Microsoft Windows 8 Explorer to Include Ribbons
- New USENET and Online Slang Terms Enter Dictionary
- World Wide Web Turns 20 On USENET
- MTV Turns 30 Years Old Today
- Hierarchies on Usenet
- NewsDemon.com Free USENET 5 Hour Special
- How To Add USENET Newsgroups
- Where Did The Google Bing Facebook Twitter And Other Strange Names Come From?
- 3 Months Unlimited Usenet For $21.00
- Online Access Will Explode By 2015
- CDC Zombie Guide Takes Down Website
- Many USENET Newsreaders Get Updates
- NewsDemon Reaches 1000 Days Binary Retention
- AT&T Begins Capping USENET Customers
- USENET Access Speeds On The Rise Worldwide
- ESRB Changes Ratings For Download Games