The NewsDemon Blog
March 2nd, 2009
Usenet hosts thousands upon thousands of newsgroups that can be subscribed to with a newsreader. A newsreader client allows the user to subscribe to these newsgroups and download the headers and messages from Usenet.
There are a variety of newsreaders that fit most any operating system and user preferences by the amount of features each have. Newsdemon.com now offers tutorials and information on some of the most popular newsreaders. These newsreaders cover Windows, OSX and Linux platforms.
The tutorials are specifically made to go alongside your Newsdemon.com Usenet access account.
Newsdemon.com members receive a free version of the award winning Newsrover newsreader. The version of Newsrover is preconfigured with your Newsdemon.com access account. You can find details in your member login page on how to download, set-up and configure your Newsreader. A video newsrover tutorial is also available.
We want to be able to cater to all of our customers. If you have a newsreader you would like us to feature and offer a tutorial on, please send your request to your support department.
June 1st, 2008
Newsrover Version 13.3 has been uploaded to our system. If you would like to download this copy, please download a copy from the following url:
Here is a summary of recent changes. For more detailed information, see
* Changed the Configure/Server screen so that it is now possible to have two
entries for the same news server. You can specify a server nickname to cause
the two entries to have different display names.
* Improved the error retry facility so that logon errors are retried as well
as download I/O errors.
* Improved the handling of arrow and Home/End keys in the search screens.
* Made a change so that the currently selected message is not changed when a
download of another message finishes.
* The up/down-arrow and page up/down keys can now be used to scroll through
the newsgroup subscription list.
* Fixed a bug that could cause News Rover to crash when pictures were deleted
while viewing them in the Slide Show viewer.
* Fixed a bug related to changing the Encrypted/Non-encrypted status of a
group that had a file attachment larger than 2GB.
* Fixed a bug that could cause News Rover to crash if the “Folders” item on
the menu for the File Attachments section was clicked when there were no
defined filing folders.
* Fixed a bug that could cause News Rover to crash if a file was launched
from the File Attachments section and the file attachments section was closed
and reopened while the file was being launched.
* Fixed a problem that could cause News Rover to crash if the Delete key was
held down to delete many messages while other messages were being downloaded
by the same group.
* Fixed a problem that could cause News Rover to crash if the message list
was refreshed while performing a Save-As or Move-To operation.
* Fixed a bug that could cause News Rover to hang in some conditions if the
up-arrow key was used to try to move above the top item in the message
* Fixed a bug that caused serious display problems when News Rover was run
with Vista 64 with SP1.
April 14th, 2008
The Latest revisions of Version 13.2 address the following:
- Improved the error retry facility so that logon errors are retried as well as download I/O errors. There is a new parameter on the Configure/Advanced screen that specifies the number of times to retry errors.
- Changed the Configure/Server screen so that it is now possible to have two entries for the same news server. You can specify a server nickname to cause the two entries to have different display names.
- Fixed a problem that could cause News Rover to crash if the Delete key was held down to delete many messages while other messages were being downloaded by the same group.
- Fixed a problem that could cause News Rover to crash if the message list was refreshed while performing a Save-As or Move-To operation.
- When event logging is turned on, News Rover now presents a screen with a button that can be clicked to copy the event log file specification into the clipboard.
- Removed the option from subscribed newsgroups and Autoscan to not combine parts of multipart messages.
Just a reminder, Newsdemon provides a FREE registered copy of Newsrover with ALL Newsdemon Newsgroups subscription plans!
Subscribe to our blog!
- NewsDemon Now Offers Cosmos IP Addresses With SlickVPN
- Cable Company Admits To Data Caps On USENET Users
- IBM Leads In Nanotube Technology
- Minnesotta Outlaws Online Education
- UK Provider Virgin Media Offers Faster Speeds
- NewsDemon Now Offers 1500 Days Binary Retention
- New Computers Already Infected with a Virus?
- Canada Data Caps Affect Netflix and USENET Users
- Your ISP Could be Providing Faster Speeds than Advertised
- NewsDemon Offers Header Compression On All Newsgroups
- Google Enters the ISP Game, Offering Fast Access to USENET
- No Office 2013 Availability for XP, Vista, Mac Users
- Potential Breakthrough in Likely Discovery of Higgs Boson Particle
- New USENET Posted Study Looks at Teen Activity Online
- Internet Conceptualized in 1934?
- More Bits and Pieces from the Star Trek Sequel on USENET
- Solutions to Avoid Constantly Resetting Your Router
- Excitement Over Adobe Creative Suite 6 and Creative Cloud Releases
- World Wide Web Inventor Voices Privacy Concern On USENET
- Microsoft Pulls The Plug On Windows XP
- What Is Dr. Watson’s Contribution To Cancer Research?
- Microsoft Build Online Time Machine
- New Payment Options Available From NewsDemon.com Newsgroups
- Limited Time Super Unlimited USENET Deal from NewsDemon
- USENET Post Reveals Tremendous Forecast Of Online Users
- USENET Stats Regarding Technology Sales
- USENET Finds The Force
- Happy Binary Day USENET
- Windows XP Turns 10 On USENET
- Is Microsoft Manipulating Ratings to Call IE the Safest Browser?
- FCC Plans to Bring Broadband to Rural Areas
- 25th In Internet Speed Makes United States USENET Slower
- Large Reward to Define Large Internet
- eBook Inventor Passes Away, Remembered on USENET
- Microsoft Windows 8 Explorer to Include Ribbons
- New USENET and Online Slang Terms Enter Dictionary
- World Wide Web Turns 20 On USENET
- MTV Turns 30 Years Old Today
- Hierarchies on Usenet
- NewsDemon.com Free USENET 5 Hour Special
- How To Add USENET Newsgroups
- Where Did The Google Bing Facebook Twitter And Other Strange Names Come From?
- 3 Months Unlimited Usenet For $21.00
- Online Access Will Explode By 2015
- CDC Zombie Guide Takes Down Website
- Many USENET Newsreaders Get Updates
- NewsDemon Reaches 1000 Days Binary Retention
- AT&T Begins Capping USENET Customers
- USENET Access Speeds On The Rise Worldwide
- ESRB Changes Ratings For Download Games