The NewsDemon Blog
November 17th, 2009
NewsDemon.com Newsgroups is proud to announce that the 30th Anniversary USENET promotion was a sensational success.
On November 11th, NewsDemon.com Newsgroups hosted a USENET birthday special which offered all monthly subscription plans for only $1.00. The unpresented special was all part of the continuing effort to grow awareness of the valuable resources that the USENET newsgroup communities provide.
We are pleased to have so many new members join our NewsDemon.com Newsgroups family.
During the 24 hour promotion, some users mistakenly had signed up for pricing plans that were not part of the offered special. Although our announcements had been clear that only monthly subscription plans would be offered at the discounted $1.00 rate, a compromise to our system allowed other plans to briefly be available.
Due to this inconvenience, customers that signed up for these excluded accounts have since been issued automatic refunds or have been transferred to a monthly subscription plan, dependent on their payment method. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to the few affected. Anyone who believes that they may have been billed improperly can contact our support department for a complete refund.
NewsDemon.com Newsgroups takes pride to be one of the only USENET providers to offer 24/7 customer support. We encourage members to contact any of our support team with any issues that we’ll be happy to resolve.
We thank all of you for making this 30th USENET anniversary special such a great success! As we continue in providing cutting-edge, premium USENET access, expect many more features, promotions and service upgrades in the months to come.
November 10th, 2009
Without the USENET, the online world that we know today could have possibly never existed. Celebrating its 30th anniversary, USENET has been a vital resource at some time of almost every notable technology entrepreneur and developer for the last three decades.
The USENET long has been a meeting ground of the whos-who of the current online world. For the last 30 years, USENET has hosted a range of newsgroups that has allowed thousands access to discuss practically every conceivable topic imaginable. It has been where the pioneers such as Linus Torvalds, Jeff Bazos and even Google founder Sergey Brin first discussed and announced their developments and achievements on USENET.
The thirtieth anniversary of USENET brings with it a significant history. Existing before there was even a World Wide Web, its purpose to create an online community quickly grew out of any ones expectations of what it would be and what it would influence.
It was in North Carolina at Duke University and the University of North Carolina that both Jim Ellis and Tom Truscott would eventually discover and create the foundation of what the USENET has been. It was late 1979 that Truscott and Ellis officially announced the creation of USENET . The success and popularity of such a system could have never been imagined. Since its creation, USENET has been home to the announcement of the World Wide Web as well as its first browser.
Recognizing and paying tribute to the 30th anniversary of the USENET, NewsDemon.com Newsgroups sat down with two key players of the early days of the USENET. We sat with Tom Truscott one of the founders of the USENET and Brad Templeton, creator and moderator of one of the most widely read newsgroups ever – rec.humor.funny, and discussed with them on what USENET was, what it is now and where they predict it will be. The interview is part of a month long celebration of the 30th anniversary of a system that has shaped almost every aspect of the online world we know today. We look forward to another fantastic 30 years of whatever USENET will be.
To start things off right, NewsDemon.com Newsgroups is offering a special for all new customers. To celebrate the anniversary of USENET, NewsDemon.com Newsgroups is offering all subscription plans for $1.00 each month. This special is only available for one day only and allows premium USENET access to thousands of groups for only $1.00 each month for two months on any subscription plans, including the unlimited plan.
“We hope to encourage old and new users alike the opportunity to experience for themselves the benefits and resources that USENET has to offer. By allowing them an almost risk-free incentive of only a $1.00 investment each month, for two months, to try out the service and access the thousands of active newsgroups available, we’re confident they’ll stay to become active subscribers to these communities.” said Charles Burnside, Marketing manager for NewsDemon.com Newsgroups.
To this day, after 30 years, the USENET has surprised many by its longevity. In an ever changing online world, it’s a common thought that all technologies and mediums require further innovation in order to exist. However, USENET provides evidence that what it provides at its core – a system in which it allows people to discuss topics in an organized fashion – can never go out of style.
November 10th, 2009
In celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the USENET, NewsDemon.com Newsgroups is proud to offer a $1.00 special on ALL premium USENET access accounts. For one day only, all subscription accounts – metered to unlimited- is being offered for only $1.00!
It was in 1979 that Jim Ellis and Tom Truscott first discovered the USENET we know and use today. In those thirty years since, we’re happy to be able to observe and celebrate the historically most widely used online communication system on the planet.
So, for one day only, we’re offering new customers a special rate of only $1.00 for the first two months of premium NewsDemon.com Newsgroups USENET access. All metered (10gb, 20gb, 30gb, 50gb) accounts and our Unlimited accounts, for one dollar for two months. After two months, the rate returns to normal pricing.
Thirty Years of USENET newsgroups has brought together hundreds of thousands of users to discuss, interact and share online. If you’ve never been before – or haven’t been in awhile -here is your chance to enjoy premium high speed access to the USENET and search through over a hundred thousand newsgroups that are home to a massive online community.
With online access for only $1.00, now you can try it out and see for yourself why the USENET has been and continues to be THE online destination and resource for millions of users each day for over three decades.
This special is for one day only. USENET access on all subscription based accounts is only $1.00 for the first two months. After the second month, the full price of the plan chosen will be billed. This offer is valid for both US and EU residents alike.
All you need to do to take advantage of this offer is to come back to our website, NewsDemon.com anytime between the hours of 12:01 AM GMT and 11:59 pm PST. The prices on our website will change to reflect the $1 pricing.
Subscribe to our blog!
- NSA-Proof VPN Connections Available Through NewsDemon
- NewsDemon Now Offers Cosmos IP Addresses With SlickVPN
- Cable Company Admits To Data Caps On USENET Users
- IBM Leads In Nanotube Technology
- Minnesotta Outlaws Online Education
- UK Provider Virgin Media Offers Faster Speeds
- NewsDemon Now Offers 1500 Days Binary Retention
- New Computers Already Infected with a Virus?
- Canada Data Caps Affect Netflix and USENET Users
- Your ISP Could be Providing Faster Speeds than Advertised
- NewsDemon Offers Header Compression On All Newsgroups
- Google Enters the ISP Game, Offering Fast Access to USENET
- No Office 2013 Availability for XP, Vista, Mac Users
- Potential Breakthrough in Likely Discovery of Higgs Boson Particle
- New USENET Posted Study Looks at Teen Activity Online
- Internet Conceptualized in 1934?
- More Bits and Pieces from the Star Trek Sequel on USENET
- Solutions to Avoid Constantly Resetting Your Router
- Excitement Over Adobe Creative Suite 6 and Creative Cloud Releases
- World Wide Web Inventor Voices Privacy Concern On USENET
- Microsoft Pulls The Plug On Windows XP
- What Is Dr. Watson’s Contribution To Cancer Research?
- Microsoft Build Online Time Machine
- New Payment Options Available From NewsDemon.com Newsgroups
- Limited Time Super Unlimited USENET Deal from NewsDemon
- USENET Post Reveals Tremendous Forecast Of Online Users
- USENET Stats Regarding Technology Sales
- USENET Finds The Force
- Happy Binary Day USENET
- Windows XP Turns 10 On USENET
- Is Microsoft Manipulating Ratings to Call IE the Safest Browser?
- FCC Plans to Bring Broadband to Rural Areas
- 25th In Internet Speed Makes United States USENET Slower
- Large Reward to Define Large Internet
- eBook Inventor Passes Away, Remembered on USENET
- Microsoft Windows 8 Explorer to Include Ribbons
- New USENET and Online Slang Terms Enter Dictionary
- World Wide Web Turns 20 On USENET
- MTV Turns 30 Years Old Today
- Hierarchies on Usenet
- NewsDemon.com Free USENET 5 Hour Special
- How To Add USENET Newsgroups
- Where Did The Google Bing Facebook Twitter And Other Strange Names Come From?
- 3 Months Unlimited Usenet For $21.00
- Online Access Will Explode By 2015
- CDC Zombie Guide Takes Down Website
- Many USENET Newsreaders Get Updates
- NewsDemon Reaches 1000 Days Binary Retention
- AT&T Begins Capping USENET Customers
- USENET Access Speeds On The Rise Worldwide