The NewsDemon Blog
By Newsgroup Usenet October 10th, 2012
First posted on UK Usenet newsgroups, Virgin Media has started boosting the speeds of its 100Mbit/s broadband customers up a notch to 120Mbit/s following promises to do so earlier this year.
Virgin has already upgraded 40 percent of its network for faster broadband speeds, giving its customers extra bandwidth for video streaming or sharing a connection between multiple users.
Instead of 10Mbps, 20Mbps, 30Mbps and 50Mbps connections, Virgin Media’s broadband service will offer speeds of 30Mbps, 60Mbps and up to 100Mbps/120Mbps, making it the only ISP in the UK with superfast speeds as standard. Of course, these numbers are a theoretical maximum, and your actual speeds may be much less. That said, Virgin Media has in the past managed to be the only ISP to not only deliver the speeds advertised but even exceed them
BT has also been busy and has doubled up the speed of its FTTC service (fiber-to-the-cabinet), which previously ran at 40Mbps but can now reach theoretical speeds of up to 80Mbps.
Virgin’s cable is more likely to hit closer to the maximum possible speed, of course, seeing as FTTC isn’t a full fiber service, as the last bit of the line still runs over copper to the cabinet. The company states that it’s double your speed program will be complete by the middle of next year. The recent advertising campaign for Virgin Media has focused on speed with its use of Olympic heroes Usain Bolt and Mo Farah both pretending to be Sir Richard Branson themselves.
Speaking of fast, NewsDemon USENET offers blazing speeds with any of their limited or unlimited packages. In accordance with this latest announcement, NewsDemon is offering Unlimited Usenet and Storage for as little as $7.00 for the first month.
Subscribe to our blog!
- Four Months of ‘All You Can Eat’ USENET for $20.15
- Microsoft Already is Planning Updates to Windows 10
- Linux Based USENET Newsreaders
- USENET Black Friday & Cyber Monday Preview
- Disk Failure Details
- Lifehacker Users Vote NewsDemon Top USENET Provider
- Do You Have Blazing Fast USENET Access?
- One Day Sale: Four Months Of Unlimited USENET for $20.14
- NewsDemon Black Friday 2013 Special Extended
- NewsDemon.com Newsgroups Grand Prize Winner Announced
- NewsDemon.com Newsgroups Holiday Giveaway Part 2
- NewsDemon Holiday Giveaway Winner For November 19th
- NewsDemon Holiday Giveaway Winner For November 18th
- NewsDemon Holiday Giveaway Winner For November 17th
- NewsDemon Holiday Giveaway Winner For November 16th
- NewsDemon Holiday Giveaway Winner For November 15th
- NewsDemon Holiday Giveaway Winner November 14th
- NewsDemon Holiday Giveaway Winner For November 13th
- NewsDemon Holiday Giveaway 2013 Starts Now
- NewsDemon Now Offers geo-DNS For Faster Connections
- NewsDemon Newsgroups 1TB Non-Expring Block Account Fire Sale
- NewsDemon Newsgroups Announces Upcoming Sale
- NewsDemon Newsgroup Announces 5 Year Binary Retention
- NewsDemon July Promotion
- NSA-Proof VPN Connections Available Through NewsDemon
- NewsDemon Now Offers Cosmos IP Addresses With SlickVPN
- Cable Company Admits To Data Caps On USENET Users
- IBM Leads In Nanotube Technology
- Minnesotta Outlaws Online Education
- UK Provider Virgin Media Offers Faster Speeds
- NewsDemon Now Offers 1500 Days Binary Retention
- New Computers Already Infected with a Virus?
- Canada Data Caps Affect Netflix and USENET Users
- Your ISP Could be Providing Faster Speeds than Advertised
- NewsDemon Offers Header Compression On All Newsgroups
- Google Enters the ISP Game, Offering Fast Access to USENET
- No Office 2013 Availability for XP, Vista, Mac Users
- Potential Breakthrough in Likely Discovery of Higgs Boson Particle
- New USENET Posted Study Looks at Teen Activity Online
- Internet Conceptualized in 1934?
- More Bits and Pieces from the Star Trek Sequel on USENET
- Solutions to Avoid Constantly Resetting Your Router
- Excitement Over Adobe Creative Suite 6 and Creative Cloud Releases
- World Wide Web Inventor Voices Privacy Concern On USENET
- Microsoft Pulls The Plug On Windows XP
- What Is Dr. Watson’s Contribution To Cancer Research?
- Microsoft Build Online Time Machine
- New Payment Options Available From NewsDemon.com Newsgroups
- Limited Time Super Unlimited USENET Deal from NewsDemon
- USENET Post Reveals Tremendous Forecast Of Online Users