2008 has been an exciting year for a number of reasons. We’ve witnessed moments that will be recorded boldly in history and those we’d soon rather forget. From Politics to Entertianment, people and events kept much of the 2008 year busy. Many Newsgroups saw a great spike in attendance that cover these happenings.
So what was so hot in 2008? We broke down the top 10 searches throughout the year and compiled them in order of their popularity.
10. American Idol -Saw less of an audience in 2007 but still gained a great amount of interest
9. Angelina Jolie -Vogue to Bohemian actress still gets actively searched.
8. Lindsay Lohan – Rehab. Relationships. Rejected. Lindsay has covered the spectrum in 2008.
7. Naruto – Anime. Manga. Video Game. Naruto managed to beat the likes of most of its Japanimation counterparts.
6. Jessica Alba – The Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Awards saved her from the fame of the Razzie Worst Actress Nomination she received earlier in the year.
5. RunScape -This videogame may not have had its popularity as big in the US as World of Warcraft, but this game has received international notoriety and it’s pretty big in Japan.
4. Miley Cyrus – Why?
3. Barrack Obama – Everyone is still on the edge of their seat to find out what “Change” this President-Elect will bring.
2. WWE – Wrestling meet soap opera, this franchise threw in a load of drama throughout the year to appeal its audience. It worked.
1. Britney Spears – Hospital stays. MTV. Psychiatric Evaluations. Britney made it a point to stay on top of everyone’s mind, as she lost hers.
Looking through this list, it would be virtually impossible to have predicted these to be the top 10 searches on the Internet. Making it even more impossible to behold to foresee what 2009 has in store. Whatever they might be, we look forward to seeing it all unfold.