Newsrover Version 13.3 has been uploaded to our system. If you would like to download this copy, please download a copy from the following url:
Here is a summary of recent changes. For more detailed information, see
* Changed the Configure/Server screen so that it is now possible to have two
entries for the same news server. You can specify a server nickname to cause
the two entries to have different display names.
* Improved the error retry facility so that logon errors are retried as well
as download I/O errors.
* Improved the handling of arrow and Home/End keys in the search screens.
* Made a change so that the currently selected message is not changed when a
download of another message finishes.
* The up/down-arrow and page up/down keys can now be used to scroll through
the newsgroup subscription list.
* Fixed a bug that could cause News Rover to crash when pictures were deleted
while viewing them in the Slide Show viewer.
* Fixed a bug related to changing the Encrypted/Non-encrypted status of a
group that had a file attachment larger than 2GB.
* Fixed a bug that could cause News Rover to crash if the “Folders” item on
the menu for the File Attachments section was clicked when there were no
defined filing folders.
* Fixed a bug that could cause News Rover to crash if a file was launched
from the File Attachments section and the file attachments section was closed
and reopened while the file was being launched.
* Fixed a problem that could cause News Rover to crash if the Delete key was
held down to delete many messages while other messages were being downloaded
by the same group.
* Fixed a problem that could cause News Rover to crash if the message list
was refreshed while performing a Save-As or Move-To operation.
* Fixed a bug that could cause News Rover to hang in some conditions if the
up-arrow key was used to try to move above the top item in the message
* Fixed a bug that caused serious display problems when News Rover was run
with Vista 64 with SP1.